Monday, December 5, 2011

fading gold

There are times when you feel a pang of regret for things you've done in the past,
The decisions you make
The choices you opt for
The hearts you hurt along the way
The opportunities you've missed by just the blink of an eye
The words that would have better been left unsaid.
Sometimes you wish you could turn back to the other road instead
And perhaps see where it could lead you to.
But the road you took have stretched afar in the undergrowth
That you never had a chance to take the other ride as well.
Even as mentioned in Robert Frost's “The Road Not Taken,”

« “Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.” »

I guess the choices we make in life are for us to learn
It were meant to be as it were
And I believe God knows best.
Thus each occurrences should not be regretted
But should be learnt from
In order to make you a better person
We make mistakes in order to learn.
And for this coming 2012, I hope to be wiser in each aspects of life
And to view the world in wider perspectives
Life shouldn't just be confined to one matter or issues
But it's the little things that create the beautiful things in your life.
Quit assuming the worst, but think of the best in each situation
And I'd rather swim along in the waves of the ocean
Rather than drowning deep down into the ocean's depth
May Allah guide my path,
InsyaAllah~

No comments: